Friday, September 10, 2010

Growing up in a neighborhood where I was part of the minority as a white girl you would think it would be difficult. Not my experience at all in fact the latin community that I was in amongst turned out to be the ones that I could count on to have my back and protect me when I needed it. I believe that's precisely when and how I become intrigued and fascinated with the latin culture as a whole. I remember watching the women sweeping the stairs and sidewalk leading up to their door and wondering why do they do that? It wasn't until years later that I was given the explanation...pride..pride in their home regardless of the fact that it was the projects it was still their home.The colorful clothes the flavorful foods the rhythmic music that pulsates through the speakers and your body the passion for life love and each other how could one not be intrigued?

No comments:

Post a Comment