Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Confidence

A few weeks ago I went into the city (Philadelphia) with two of my friends to visit another friend,who sadly was in the hospital ; so the three of us are walking down the street, then all of a sudden we are being pelted with "wolf whistles" one after the other. My two beautiful latina friends' response was "of course we are beautiful". Whereas myself I felt self- conscience, perhaps even a bit self- indignant, how dare they whistle at me how dare they look at me.
Whereas with them it seemed as though they were completely uneffected.They just seem to ooze confidence in who and what they are. They are beautiful without being showy and if a random man acknowledges that beauty, it is on him and it is to be completely expected. I at some point lost that confidence either with age or just through life ; whichever is the case it is very much diminished. Being with these women makes me long to reclaim that lost confidence.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment